Another Sunday creeps up on us, and it’s time to release the new maps and updates to the site. Work is continuing in the background on brand new features for the next major version of the site – constrained, as always, by having to go out and earn money to pay for all of this.
This week, there are two new maps:
- London Victoria to Nunhead and Herne Hill covers the entirety of London Victoria station, including the Down Carriage Sidings and Stewarts Lane Depot, down to Clapham High Street. The curve toward Loughborough Junction extends the map to fringe with the Thameslink Core map, and we also have toward Herne Hill and the routes to and from Loughborough Junction and Brixton. Peckham Rye and Queens Road Peckham fringe the map nicely with the London Bridge and East London Line maps, and past Nunhead, we also fringe with the North Kent Lines map via Lewisham
- The West Dulwich to Teynham and Sheppey map extends from the other new map, taking us down through Beckenham Junction (fringing with the Norwood Junction map for trains to and from Crystal Palace), through to Sittingbourne and Teynham. We’ve also included the branch to Sheerness-on-Sea
A vast amount of work has gone in to these maps, and we’re rightly quite proud of what we’ve achieved in such a small time. On top of that, we’ve also been busy fixing problems with the existing maps – so many this time that we can’t actually show them on our development system on a single page!
- Signal L249 was missing from the Liverpool Street to Romford map, and we’ve revised the layout around the Carpenters Road Curve and lines off to the North London Line
- Platform 1 at Filton Abbey Wood had mysteriously disappeared, but we’ve been assured it exists in real-life, so have added it
- One of the ETCS marker boards at London Paddington was facing the wrong way, and now points toward the track to which it applies
- Again, another ETCS marker board was the wrong way around at London Blackfriars, and we’ve also removed the berths for the cab-signalling markers on the line toward London Bridge
- We’d drawn the fringe between the Stour Valley and Wolverhampton workstations incorrectly on the Smethwick Galton Bridge to Stafford (exc.) map, so we’ve fixed it – trains no longer disappear at BW4248 and BW4249 signals
- Signal T646 at Plumpton is a distant signal, so we’ve removed the berth
- We think the signal at Ashchurch for Tewkesbury sidings is G234, not G324, so we’ve corrected it on the map
- At Loughborough, the Limit of Shunt (LOS) board by signal 524 was showing as an ETCS marker board, and this now shows as a LOS marker
- Some additional routes are shown around Three Bridges, as well as the misnumbering of T510 signal being fixed. Reigate’s RG23 berth now clears out when a train passes the signal
- Some trackwork missing at Lancaster has now been added
- A set of points was misdrawn around platform 4 and 6 at Cardiff Central, making it look like it was impossible to move from platform 4 to the main lines – this is fixed
- Kenilworth station is shown between Coventry and Leamington Spa, although no trains are booked to call there yet
- At Ashford International, the berth for signal 664 in platform 1 has been fixed, the map extended to Chartham and the signals past Sevington now display descriptions
Please keep reporting bugs, problems and issues to email@example.com – you’ll get an email back which will let you see progress of your report, and also when it’s fixed. We like to keep in touch.
Until next time, enjoy the new maps!