Happy New Year to you all – we’ve been hard at work over the Christmas break updating several maps, which are now live:
- The Thameslink Programme has reached stage HL17 and the London Bridge, Thameslink Core and North Kent Lines maps have been updated with new track and signalling, and almost all signals and routes drawn
- The London Paddington map has been updated to include the connection to Crossrail on the north-west side of London Paddington
- Redhill has a new platform 0 due to be commissioned very soon. The East Croydon to Horley map now shows the platform with full route coverage
As well as those major pieces of work, there are a handful of minor things that have been fixed:
- Between Winsford and Crewe, some signals were placed out-of-order
- At Lydney, some berths were missing from the loops
- On the Exeter map at Norton Fitzwarren, signal E627 was mis-drawn as a ground position light signal, rather than a main aspect
- Signal 7125 at Metheringham failed to show a train description
- Route from signal S136 at Sheffield were drawn incorrectly
There is still competition back at OpenTrainTimes HQ between updating the public site and working on projects which bring in the money we need to keep the public site running. We have a rather large backlog of support tickets waiting to be answered – if you’ve logged something and not had a reply, we’re sorry – and we’ll get around to responding as soon as we can.
Until next time (which will be sooner than three months since last time!), enjoy the maps!