We’ve been busy over the last few weeks bringing you two new maps, one updated map and a brand new feature. All of these have been requested by a number of people over the last few months and whilst we can’t always drop all our plans to implement something new, we can shape what happens long-term.
For the impatient, here are the most important bits of news:
- Each map now has three checkboxes at the bottom – "Signal Numbers" will toggle signal numbers off and on, "Signals" will do the same for signals, and "Berths" will only show berths with descriptions
- The Retford to Colton Junction map extends our coverage of the East Coast Main Line up to Doncaster
- Going further north, the Bentley to Holbeck Junction map covers the route through Wakefield Westgate up to just south of Leeds
- We’ve also updated the Leeds are map, tidied up some of the lines and added route indications to the south side of the station
- The Hinton Admiral to Weymouth map now has indications displayed in the Dorchester West signalbox area
For anyone who’s still here and hasn’t rushed off to look at the Doncaster map, there are a bunch of smaller things, including updating the Great Eastern Main Line maps for the imminent move of Shenfield IECC to the ROC at Romford, fixes for signals, berths and routes not showing correctly, and updates in the Queenstown Road area outside London Waterloo, an extension of the Westbury map to include Bradford Junction.
Phew. Time for a cup of tea…!
Well done chaps: you are doing an excellent job and you are much appreciated by us all!
Hi poss a sillly question
In a dream situation
Would like use your maps
See a headcode
Then click on it
Opens a full context of that train
Poss link to real time trains or any others
Railcam yours etc
And next big one
What is the number
Appart from all network rail ltraffic going on full
GPS with map
How could it be done
Sorry if big question
Can’t be to far away
Well done Peter and Team for the missing piece of the ECML. you have been busy.
Thanks once again.
Great site and very useful
Hi I’m a developer and I’m pretty new to the subject of real time trains, I’m on the hunt for a source list of WTT codes that I can hive off and use in my own database, I’m not familiar enough with API’s to use a direct link so I would prefer if I could find a list somewhere
So you know f such a source
excellent work, much appreciated, great to see Donny up at last. Btw the leeds bradford map showing halifax title instead of keighley. great stuff rgds Alan
Well spotted – we’ve fixed it and it’ll be in next week’s release
MOn the LNE map page seems a new route Leeds West to Bradford and Halifax has appeared!
Might suggest that it would be better to remove entries for ‘Airedale Valley’ (actually operationally known as Leeds North West), ‘Yorkshire’ (Leeds – Hornbeam) and ‘Wakefield Westgate’ and consolidate under ‘West Yorkshire’ as follows:
Leeds (West) to Ilkley, Shipley, Bradford F Sq, Skipton and Gargrave
Leeds (West) to Hornbeam Park
Bentley to Leeds (West) *
* Holbeck Junction doesn’t factor on this part of the map and applies the Old Midland Route between Leeds and Wakefield Kirkgate
But overall, bar these localised pedant comments for my patch, looking good!
Oops – it shows where we’d originally planned to extend the map! It’ll be fixed in time for next week – and we’re also overhauling the way the maps work since there are nearly 100 of them, so many of them may change their names
Just found your wonderful website. I know everyone would like their own particular area but I really hope that sometime you might consider the links from:
Castle Cary to Taunton
Taunton to Exeter
Bristol to Taunton
The fact that these are missing is no reflection on the brilliant work you are doing.
Loving the new update with the ability to toggle the signals, berths and signal numbers.
Thanks! We’ve got a few more features like that up our sleeve