I use f.lux to automatically dim the screen on my phone and laptop when it starts to get dark outside. It’s starting to get dark around 6pm now, which means autumn is here and winter’s not far around the corner.
The good news about darker evenings is there’s more time for me to spend inside adding new features to OpenTrainTimes – which is exactly what I’ve been doing this week! Here’s what’s new:
- The Sileby to Spondon and Beeston is now live, covering Sileby, Barrow-upon-Soar, Loughborough, East Midlands Parkway, Long Eaton, Spondon, Attenborough and Beeston, plus Trent South and Sheet Stores Junction
- The Exeter St. Davids to Liskeard map has route indications on many of the signals, as does the Queenstown Road to Surbiton and Hampton Court map has new route coverage south of Berrylands
- The site is now fully accessible over HTTPS at https://www.opentraintimes.com/ – and by accessing the site this way, you’ll benefit from Google’s SPDY protocol which will make the site a touch more responsive
- The Bedford North to Syston North map has route indications for just about all signals where the data’s available. Also, the platform that was missing has been put back
- The North London Line map map has been split, with Gospel Oak – Barking appearing on a separate map
- Some minor problems on the Didcot Parkway to Swindon map, including incorrect platform numbers and missing signals, have been fixed, as well as a couple of really minor bugs
It wasn’t long ago that the 50th map appeared on the site, and we’re up to 65 now – and still growing.
Finally, I say this every week – please keep your emails coming in with bugs, problems, suggestions and comments. I try to keep on top of my email, but working across a number of projects in the rail industry at the moment, it’s sometimes hard to keep up.
Re Birmingham New St . yellow signal numbers 0191 & 0219 need removing from running plan as are signals, and seem to be “blocking” moves from up Gloucester to Plat.8. Also the arrows to & from the Derby & Stour lines are all four the wrong way around. Excellent site overall, when can we have cross-country routes in West Mids
e.g. Banbury –Landor St ; Bromsgrove (lickey bank) – Derby/Nuneaton?. Full of all sorts of traffic Express’s,locals,freight, empty stocks,light engines etc.
looking out for more, thanks.