I’m very pleased to announce that the Reading to Cholsey map is now live. This map covers the main and relief lines from just west of Twyford, all the way through Reading station, out to Cholsey and Reading West. Of course, the Southern platforms are included, with coverage of platforms 4-6 all the way down to Earley station.
Along with this change, the Maps page has also been reworked. Each Network Rail route now has its own section, with maps grouped under each route. For example, under "London North Eastern", the "East Coast Main Line" section has the Kings Cross to Hitchin, Hitchin to Stoke Tunnel and Stoke Tunnel to Retford maps in order.
The next map will be of Glasgow Central and the surrounding area.
As always, there are a number of smaller things fixed on the site:
- When searching for trains in the next few hours, the times shown on the location page were 1 hour out. All other times were OK. This was down to an issue processing times from Network Rail’s TRUST system
- Platform numbers on a number of maps have been fixed
- On the Hitchin – Stoke Tunnel map, two berths on the line to Spalding were showing incorrectly
- On the London Victoria – East Croydon Approach map, two berths between Balham and Wandsworth Common were missing
- On the Charing Cross/Cannon Street/London Bridge to Forest Hill map, the berths for signals TL4016 and TL4444 were reversed
Since it’s raining outside, it’s perfect weather for a BBQ. Enjoy your long weekend!