Fresh back from a day in Brighton, we’ve managed to finish the latest release of OpenTrainTimes! There are four important things to note this week:
First, GB Railfreight services now appear in the timetable pages with headcodes – no more FRGT! They’ve been appearing in the real-time maps for months now, but I’ve finally put the schedules in the clear. It’s possible we can make other operators’ services appear with headcodes too – if you work a freight or engineering train operator and want your trains to be shown in the clear, send us an email and we’ll set the ball rolling.
Secondly, the 3Squared Mobile Consist Application was launched a few weeks ago, which offers huge advantages to preparing train consists over direct input to TOPS. We now show trains which have been ‘departed’ via the MCA on the schedule pages. Check the key at the bottom of the page for which icon is which.
Third, we have new map covering the gap between Forest Hill and East Croydon maps. Everyone, meet Forest Hill to the East Croydon approaches, plus Crystal Palace! This includes part of Selhurst Depot, at least the bits which report movements to Network Rail’s train describers.
As usual, there are always a number of bugs and enhancements, so thanks again to everyone for sending them in. Here’s the list of smaller things:
- Some signals on the North Lincs map in the loop at Grimsby were facing the wrong way
- Recently, a test train ran to prove the electrification in the Canal Tunnels, and from this we’ve fixed TWH1025 on the Thameslink Core map which was mis-positioned
- The St Pancras to Harpenden map had a duplicate signal at St Albans, now corrected to show the correct signal number
- Routes from OX61, OX62 and OX64 weren’t showing on the South Croydon to Uckfield map, so we’ve fixed these
- There are lots more route indications drawn on the Thirsk and Eaglescliffe to Durham map, Horley to Hassocks map and the Esher to Basingstoke map to give better indications of where trains will be routed, plus additional ground position light signals and the siding at Surbiton have been added
- Down on the Exeter St Davids to Liskeard map, some signals and track at Mount Gould near Laira Depot were incorrectly drawn, and the missing signals between Newton Abbot and Dawlish Warren have been added in
- One of the more recent maps, Leyland to Lancaster, was missing platform numbers at Preston, which we’ve added in
So, until next time – enjoy the maps!
Well done. Many thanks for all your hard work for us.
Would it be possible to display train consists on the site using data from the MCA?
Unfortunately not – the MCA is a quick and easy way to submit consists to TOPS, but the consist data isn’t – and probably will never be – in the public domain
Was wondering if you have a map for Meadowhall to Leeds via south Kirby junction and from Doncaster to York via great heck. London Paddington to south all or Birmingham new street to Exeter thanks
I made a mistake in previous reply about the Thames Tunnel sorry.