Happy Easter to those of you who celebrate it!
Before I get in to this week’s release, there are two things I’d like to say.
First, I’d really appreciate a couple of minutes of your time to complete the How do you use OpenTrainTimes? survey. The 50 or so responses I’ve had already are somewhat surprising and have shown me that you’re all using the site differently to how I anticipated.
Second, and of reasonable importance to anyone looking at OpenTrainTimes from an Open Data perspective – I’m working on a GTFS feed of train schedules. There are a couple of first attempts up at http://data.opentraintimes.com/, and I’m hoping to get a fully-validating set of data up in the next week or so.
Right, here we go with the new bits this week – just two of them:
- There’s a new map of London Waterloo – Clapham Junction – Earlsfield/North Sheen and Chiswick
– hopefully I’ll have time to extend this down to Berrylands
- Temporary Speed Restrictions can now be filtered by region – no more waiting 10 seconds for 2,000 TSRs to load!
And several bugs have been fixed too:
- Accommodation is no longer shown for non-passenger trains, so freight trains and ECS moves will no longer have 1st and Standard class seating
- The departures-only pages were accidentally showing GBTT arrival times in place of GBTT departures – this is fixed
- A few minor fixes to the King’s Langley – Wolverton and the Wolverton, Northampton, Rugby and Shilton maps
VSTP schedules are nearly ready to go live – there are a few remaining problems with the code that handles it, so I’ve held off releasing it this week.